Perfect Disappointment


Why not be disappointed? Be disappointed in everything. Perfect disappointment is bliss. 

When I am disappointed, I am free from expectations. Then the ladybug is a ladybug. The twig is a twig. When I make no appointments, every moment is an appointment with beauty. And when I have an appointment to keep, I keep it without expectation. I don't mind being disappointed.

I am disappointed in God and God is disappointed in me. We expect nothing from each other! God Therefor I am showered in grace.

I am disappointed in my guru. I am disappointed myself. I am disappointed in you. Expecting nothing, we shower one another with unconditional love. 

I am disappointed in the rose, the honeybee, and the mountaintop. Therefor every creature is free to be what it is. God is free to be graceful, and you are free to be yourself. Freed from my expectations, every blade of grass is a miracle of the unexpected.

I'm sure that liberation is the final disappointment. How do I know? I am disappointed.

Art Link

No comments: