'Psychic Fair Cancelled Due to Unforeseen Circumstances'

When I laugh, I have no chakras. When my heart is immersed in love, my horoscope contains no signs or planets, just Light.

These so-called "chakras" are not wheels or centers of light. They are blocks and obstacles, corks on the bottles of God's wine. The moment I smile genuinely from the heart, my chakras dissolve. Shakti sparkles and pours, and Shakti doesn't care what color the cup is. My work is just to overflow.

This horoscope won't bring me one step nearer the Beloved. The moment my eyes brim over, my horoscope is an empty circle. Planets and stars are as dust in the sunbeam I Am.

It is only when I am not in love that I busy my mind with signs and conjunctions, chakras and meridians, eight limbs of Yoga, Kabbalah, initiation, and the politics of getting somewhere.

Love is pathless.

*

A friend asked, "Is astrology just for the personality, the ego, the lower self?"

I would reply: The personality isn't lower. It's just on the surface and not in the depths.

Personality or ego is beautiful: we all need one. Personality is the glittering surface on the ocean of consciousness, reflecting stars, planets, moon and sun. But in the depths there are no reflections: only the pure waters of bliss.

On the path, as we're getting used to the depth of our original nature, we need such toys and talismans as horoscopes and chakras, herbal lore and
elemental magic: they give our mind something to chew on, to keep it out of mischief.

But as our meditation deepens, pure Awareness outshines the intellect and memory. Then there is only Presence. No need for any more esoteric gobbledygook. 


Now we can just rest in the vibration of God's name, and radiate the light. A Tamil devotional song from India says, "What can stars and planets do when you have His name on your lips?"

Of course, friends will think you've become a fool. They'll say: "She used to be so smart. Now she just smiles. But she doesn't seem to have anything going on upstairs." And they're right.

Of course, my words too are mere gobbledygook, and I am definitely a fool.

No comments: