Invitation

"I did not invite you here to save me, but to walk barefoot on my wet sand, feel my breath in your hair, hear the sound of waves and seagulls. I am the sigh of pines and the sparkle of streams, I am the silence of an ancient stone. You need no pleasure but my elements mingling with your soul. The pleasures you think you receive by exploiting my body are not pleasant at all: they are painful addictions to illusory power. When you were a child, every leaf was a mystery, the raindrop's touch a sacrament, to wander nowhere on my shores a sacred pilgrimage. It is because you have forgotten how to be astonished by the littlest creatures that you became desperate, and exchanged delight for ownership.You don't need to own me. You don't need to save me. I invited you here to love me. Save yourselves through this love." ~The Mother

No comments: