1/26/2015

Godspells

He said, "You are the light of the world." I confess, I am the darkness the world came from.

He said, "Love one another as I have loved you." Loving you more deeply, I love my Self.

He said, "The path is straight and the way is narrow." I say there is no path. The way opens in all directions at once.

He said, "Our Father who art in heaven." O Mother, you are the petal, the seed, and the soil.

He said, "My kingdom is not of the world." I say, every moth that bathes in this moonbeam is lord of earth and sky. In mud, I offer my bare and sacred footstep.

He said, "I am the bread of heaven." I say, Matter untainted by thought is the Virgin. All food is divine.

"Seek and ye shall find," he said, "knock and it shall be opened." I gave up seeking and arrived. The door has never been closed.

He said, "Take no thought for tomorrow." I take no thought for today. I Am presence.

"Look at the poppies in the meadow!" he said. "They neither toil nor strain, yet King Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. If God so clothes the flowers of the field, how much more will God take care of you?" I answer, "Yes!" Again and again I answer, "Yes!"

He said, "Do not touch me." The Magdalene thought he was the gardener. But I Am the gardener. My body is the garden. Every breath of wind and drop of rain, each robin's cry and scent of the blossoming plum is my perfect nakedness. All creatures are made pure by yearning. Every caress is a prayer.

No comments: