9/21/2015

Rummaging


Rummaging through my mind, I couldn't find any past, any future, or any now. So I concluded that past, present, and future are merely a dream. This very inquiry woke me up.

Then I was looking at the shining blue sky, and the shining blue sky was looking at me: mirror-like vastness gazing into itself, beginning-less, infinite, ever-expanding, and blissful.

This boundless gaze into Itself is all there ever is, ever was, or ever shall be. This gaze vibrates as Love. And this vibrant loving gaze is contained as a celebration in the hollow of each nutrino, each atom, each cell, each breath, each flower, each sun, each galaxy.

The shimmer of consciousness waking, again and again, to its own sky-blue Self-Radiance, is not only the substance of all matter and energy, but the purpose of all matter and energy, the first cause and the final goal.

What Jesus meant when he said, "I am Alpha and Omega, the first and last," pure sparkling awareness yearns to know itself in and through every creature. Such yearning is the unity of the ethical and the mystical.

Look into the petal of the last Autumn rose, look into the burst of a supernova, look into the eye of the refugee child who seeks a new home: you will see one invitation to love, to fall, to fall in love, to fall deeply into who you Are...

No comments: