10/10/2016

God Is Singing You


This frisky field of energy I call my "mind" needs no concentration or control. It only needs to hear the most beautiful Name of God.

If "mind" needs concentration and control, it must possess more life-energy than what wants to control it. Mind is only following its nature: to flow toward what is marvelous and wonderful. This energy is supposed to blossom in all directions. Let it wander everywhere!

Skip, dance, sing and wander, O mind, for you must search for Beauty! My very effort to control you denies your nature. Instead of binding you with concentration's chain, I will give you more space. DE-concentrate, and expand. This is meditation.

O mind, when you have the infinite universe to play in, there is peace. No matter how many thoughts arise and play, the space that contains them is ever silent and still. Into this vastness I drop a tiny gem, sending out ripples that fill the boundless sea. Into this silence beyond control I drop the most beautiful Name of God.

When the whole field of mind is vibrating with the divine Name, every distraction, every fantasy, every desire gets entwined in that web of sweetness, rapt in the deepening silence of the Beauty of Naam. Without effort, the sparkling radiance of God's sound enthralls me; I am spellbound. The Name is the mantra, gift of the Guru, and the power of its beauty is the Goddess.

Thus the saints and avatars of both East and West have praised the power of the Name. In his final prayer (John 17), Jesus says, "Holy Father, keep through thine own Name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are one."

Guru Nanak declares: "
A beloved of God is ever engaged in communion with the Naam... God’s devotees live in perpetual ecstasy, for the Naam washes away all sin and sorrow.”
Again and again the Psalms of Israel sing, "Blessed be the Name of the Lord." Psalm 52 declares, "I put my trust in your Name, that is so full of kindness!"

Indian poet-saint Mirabai sings, "I have found, yes, I have found the wealth of the Divine Name’s gem. My true guru gave me a priceless thing. With his grace, I accepted it."

And Sufi founder Jalalludin Rumi teaches, "
Breathe the name of God, empty of self and filled with love."
O mind, rest in the radiant Name.
Sing the melody of God, O lips,
and take the very form of divinity.
How can I ever be lost
when I wander in the Word
that created the world?
Wherever I go, I have returned.
Needing no vessel, I am the wine;
needing no seven-stringed lyre,
I am the music;
needing no filament, I am
the electrical Shakti that flows
through every creature's wing and fur.
My rosary is a broken thread.
It's beads have scattered like stars.
I became the silence between them
by dissolving God's Name
into my heartbeat.
Why this burden of a "path"?
Am I not the goal?
Rest in your source, O mind.
Be an acorn fallen in a meadow.
Grow into an oak
with no effort at all!
Though the sins of your past may be countless
as the sands of the sea,
they cannot find you!
For the sound of Love has born you
far beyond this world
into the echo-less empty sky.
Ride that wind
where only soaring creatures may come
to play with lightning!
Here's the secret, Friend:
The Beloved names you,
so that you may name
the Beloved.
God sings you.
Sing back!


Reading to hear on SoundCloud

No comments: