The Uncreated Music

When I taste the uncreated sweetness of divine love, gaze into the uncreated jewel of divine beauty, and hear the uncreated music of divine silence, everything in creation seems a little noisy.

Even a flower is noisy, even a sunbeam is noisy, compared to the depth of divine silence.

But I don't need to renounce these outward names and forms in order to shut out the noise; I don't need to renounce anything. I can just stop clinging to them, for I am ever fulfilled, nourished, and delighted by the quiet song of the ocean within, whose mighty waves of grace break upon my heart incessantly, breath after breath.

Then the truth begins to dawn: every name and form in creation is just a lovely echo, a reflection of that inner music.
This is when I bow to Maharishi in gratitude.

I bow not because he demands my devotion, or because my Self must worship an Other; but because, in the mirror of time and space, he is the embodied reflection who touched my chest so gently, awakening the Guru-tattva, the eternal Teacher in the core of my soul.

No comments: