Dreamers Awake

 

Can a character lost in a dream change the dream? Why waste a lifetime trying to turn nightmares into illusions? I have but one short moment: let me spend it waking up.

I cannot change the collective dream of this world, but I can witness it. I can become the Seer who is not lost in the images I see.

The dream is fleeting, unsure, flickering with gain and loss, success and failure, pleasure and pain. But the Witness to the dream is changeless, eternal, unblemished by shadows, spacious as blue sky beyond the clouds, Self-luminous in a magisterial silence of pure bliss. The dream goes on for thousands of lifetimes, but awakening only takes a moment. 


To arouse the Witness is the deepest seva, the greatest service one could ever perform for one's self and others. For witnessing-awareness irradiates the shadows, thins the dream, and back-lights it with the dawn, inspiring many dream-characters to awaken. 

Dear friend, you are the Witness who outshines the world. Become "a Light that shines in darkness, and the darkness cannot overshadow it" (John 1:5). 

No comments: