A Breath Of Thou Art

 

A breath of Thou Art sweeps I Am away, and the heart becomes clear. A breath of I Am sweeps Thou Art away, and the heart becomes clear. Beloved, you are the clarity within clarity. So my breath is one, yet two, ever departing, ever returning. And so my heart is whole, yet containing twin chambers. O sparkling emptiness, who tastes the Self as Other! The moth folds her wings perfectly on a petal of blue lupine. The raven complains perfectly about nothing from a misty pine. A tear perfectly kisses my cheek for no reason. If you do not heal your own awareness, how can you heal anything you are aware of? The earth will be purified, not by politics, but astonishment. It isn't more work, but less wanting, that cleanses our water, wind, and soil. Thus we return to the crystal of no-thought. Our ambitions dissolve like clouds in a sky that was never not already blue. Look! The entangled filaments of creation pour out of your eyes, and the gold that glistens in that silk is your own light. See nothing but seeing in the seen, and your chrysalis untangles all by itself. You become, not what soars, but the vastness you soar through. I Am a breath of Thou ArtThou Art a breath of I Am, sweeping the heart clear, O sparkling emptiness!


Photo by Wang Wusheng, 1984

No comments: