No Floor


I love kneeling to the tiny spark

that ignited this fire in my chest.

The flame was not eternal until that

burning kiss. Now the whole palace

has crumbled to ashes like the dream

it never was, and I'm falling

through light years of darkness.

There is no floor where I can lay

my forehead. But there are other ways

to bow. I can offer my heartbeat

to turn the troubled silence

of your gray cocoon into a song

of plum blossoms. Or distill

all my desires into the dewy smell

of hay grass after Summer rain. 

I could become that spark,

drifting into your home,

consuming your world in an instant

like smokeless camphor.

After the inferno, what's left

but dust and joy? Eons ago

I knelt down while you were sleeping.

The cream of your breath rose.

I tasted some with my tongue.

Now I'm waking you up

To show you how to dissolve.

There was never any chrysalis,

never any waiting time to be

a postulant. Take my hand.

Don't leap. You have already fallen.

Just gaze down and discover

your naked body of rainbows

dancing for no reason in the golden void.

 
 
Artist: Matt Collishaw

No comments: