Homecoming

 

How many times
must I hear Buddha say,
"breathe in, breathe out,"
before I can do it myself?
I got tired of being spiritual.
So I came home
to the place where Buddha-mind 
and my mind are one
cerulean sky
wrapped around a robin’s egg
in a bold little nest on a lilac tree
by the back porch.
Came home and built a fire,
made coffee.
Took out my mother's
bone China cup
and ran my fingers
over the crazing, the lace
of imperfections in all
that once was white.
We’re full of cracks
and dark patches, aren’t we?
Millions of moist lips
on the verge of a single kiss.
I came home to hug you.
The world feels brown and blue.
Got tired of being spiritual.
Now I’m just
Being.
 
 
Photo: Buddha on my porch under the lilac tree

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

a welcome benediction ```````
I am annihilated ```````
and refreshed
with This
Love