Once an interviewer asked Maharishi, 'What do you want to be remembered for?' And Maharishi answered, 'Nothing.'
Beloved,
when they asked you
what you wanted to be
remembered for,
very quietly, softly
you answered,
"Nothing."
You are the grace
of the effortless.
You are the sound
of the Mother's breath
on my lips.
You are the music
that plays like sunlight
on the ocean
of silence.
You are the Being
inside all my doing.
You never called yourself
Guru.
Instead, you lit the flame
of the Guru in my body,
here,
where the flower is.
And this is why
I never call you Master.
I call you Friend.
I bow to the ancient river
of silent teachers
flowing from a wellspring
deeper than thought,
abyss of gratitude
more within me
than I am.
And there I find you
bowing to me.
In love, there is no other.
Deep calleth unto deep.
This is the secret beauty
of your humbleness.
We are both anointed.


Painting: The Holy Tradition of the Shankaracharya lineage.

No comments: