Peace Prayer

 
I pray to the Unity
that becomes Two for love's sake
while remaining One.
O Mother of Eternity, Almighty Father,
Christ Sophia, Rachman i'Rahim,
O Shiva Shakti, El Shaddai, 
entwined upon my spine,
O Magdalena, Tower of Myrrh,
Melchizedek of the Parliament 
of Starlight pouring 
through my vagus nerve: 
I breathe in your Love
and breathe out Love to all the earth.
I breathe in your Beauty
and breathe out Beauty to all the earth.
I breathe in your Healing
and breathe out Healing to all the earth.
I breathe in your Abundance
and breathe out Abundance to all the earth.
By the authority and grace
of a single exhalation,
I abolish and dissolve every border
drawn by politicians and kings,
priests and ayatollahs,
whose maps live only in the mind.
And by the outrageous invincible audacity
of one humble breath,
I declare that from this New Moon on,
Earth's only boundaries 
shall be curves, the round and oval,
tree rings, seeds, globes of toadstool 
and mollusk spiral, furrows in loam,
thigh-swollen, bosom-heaved,
tenderly kneaded by gravity,
bathing in undulations of stone.
Rivers, mountains, deserts, shores.
And even these, mostly, 
in the prudence of time,
shall be swept away by wind and rain.


~Painting, 'Hope,' by Palestinian artist Sliman Mansour

No comments: