Body Parts


I cherish most of my body

very deeply,

but I am at war with

my belly.

Perhaps you are not getting

along with one of your

body parts?
If so, here's what to do.

Expand it to fill the sky.

Let it encircle the moon

and all nine planets.

Perhaps it is your penis,

like a majestic tower

rising beyond the rim

of Andromeda.

Perhaps it is that trembling

golden water lily, your clitoris,

floating on a lake of stars.

Your drooping eyelids,

one always stumbling

a little behind?
Let them be horizons

of twin galaxies.

Or are you ashamed of

your brain?

Turn it into a cathedral

whose spires poke through

the Crab Nebula,

horns for the Rearing Horse  

of Cosmic Dust

where new suns are born

from the womb of Unknowing.

How could anyone be

troubled or bound

by a body-part

that is really a temple

of fiery intelligence,

a singing bowl whose

circumference outshines God?

I hope this works for you, friend.

It worked for me.

Our flesh is so beautiful!

Now I feel at home in

my Buddha belly.

No comments: