Sitting



What could be simpler than sitting 
here on a late Autumn afternoon,

pouring a sunbeam through

the soft spot on my crown,

soaking my eyes in seeing's source, 

trickling liquid luminescence down

my throat and spine into my chest, 

the humble valley just beneath 

my breastbone where a swell 

of belly meets a torrent  

of sparkling inhalation shattering 

my heart into ten million stars,

the golden overflow that spills 

my loins and roots my toes into 

the mushroom pulse of dark leaf loam, 

mingling, moldering my tissues,

such willing fiber, into love's 

slow silent thunderbolt,

the love of earth for sky,

the love of breath for bone,

the love of every silken glory-thread

in the woof of the Milky Way

for its chosen bead of flesh, 

each cell of my body a grail.

Image: HD wallpaper

No comments: