Shed


I shed every petal, crushed every pollen drop to fragrance without form, peeled away the seed husk, cracked the casing of the emerald germ down to the black Upanishadic hollow.

Still, I could not feel You.

I relinquished every veil of innocence, became more naked than the moon before the sun. I melted every photon to its wave of darkness, offered my flesh to the fire before wanting.

Still, I could not touch the Love of whom fools stammer.

So in your hiddenness I hid my face, tore off my wings and spiraled down into the rhythm of your stillness. I fell into the ocean of Unknowing, where each breath goes before it comes Om...

Knelt and stayed, an exile on the shore of my own ancient heart, where no white sail pulsates in one final exhalation, come to bear me away.

Then, in a wickless flame of chaos without root or stem, I unfolded, and became infinite. Longing blossomed in the crimson void. I became You.
_______

A splash of the Sun that neither rises nor sets, and knows neither solstice nor dark: Photo by Kristy Thompson.

1 comment:

Mystic Meandering said...

Wow... Resonating...
I am experiencing a lot of this now
*except* the last stanza. Am still
spiraling down - gasping for air on
the way. Still flailing without
wings. Unrescued. Have yet to "reach"
the "end" of the unfolding - into the
Infinite.
Sigh...

Deep bows _/\_