Vagus


The vagus nerve is a golden hand reaching through my body, holding my heart in its palm. When I feel jangled or worried, I don't think about anything, because all worry is about nothing. Worry is just an imbalance and a lack of energy in the nervous system, caused by too much outward focusing. Worry is a signal from the body that it's time to repose in the majesty of Being, which is never out there, but ever already here. So instead of thinking, instead of worrying, I rest in my vagus nerve. Simply feel it tingle deep in my flesh, bathed in the effortless resonance of the mantra, sound-current of the divine Name, until this miraculous glowing hand of neurology warms me from within, my every cell and bone singing in silence. Grateful for the mere gift of Being, the inestimable abundance of this breath. What is there to worry about when I Am?

No comments: