Cherry Blossom, Ash Wednesday


I took this photo at midnight on Ash Wednesday. Miracle in my front yard. First cherry blossom of the new year. Proof that Jesus never died, he was only in samadhi.

What shall I give up for Lent? So many sins, where do I begin? Yet I could not even be aware of my sins if this diamond Witness within me were not already taintless and free.

The virgin silence of pure awareness is immaculate, without sin. Only that which is liberated observes what it is not.

This cherry bud bursts out of my own Being, ands I know that the Seer transcends the seen. This blossom is created to liberate my un-created awareness. This brokenhearted bud is my savior.

Eternal Life sees from the center of the cross. The garden sees through the light of the desert. The sinner sees himself with the eye of Christ. Alone in the wilderness with this cherry blossom, I bow down.

No comments: