Sunday Morning 3 A.M.

 

When my gaze first plumbed
the sky blue pool of love
it was a melting diamond
of ten thousand stars.
It was the beauty of a face
so intimate, yet it was beauty
alone, beyond the face,
beyond images.
When I first gazed,
I sipped, then drank some more,
until I was inebriated
with longing, with the yearning
that is the very wine
it thirsts for.
I thought it was Christ,
I thought it was my Teacher,
then I thought it was the Lord.
But it was I, it was my Self.
O dear one, your own Being
is the Friend, the beginning
and the end of the pilgrimage.
Now, between your crown and chest,
are legions of angels ascending
and descending
through many mansions
on the stairway
of one silver breath.

Image unattributed from Pinterest, yet I believe it is by Bahman Farzad

No comments: