Log Out

 

People love to log in. I love to log out. For a little while I log out of absolutely everything. I don't just log out of facebook, and the internet, and my computer. I log out of the world. I log out of the mind. I log out of me. What's left? No thing.

You can't even call it being, because "being" is a concept and you've logged out of conceptual thought. That's why the Buddha says, "It neither is nor is not." So you'll just have to experience this for yourself and give it a name. Meister Eckhart calls it "the Godhead beyond God." The Yogis call it, "nirbija samadhi": seedless meditation. The Buddhists call it, "sunyata," emptiness, which of course has been completely misunderstood because we logged into mind and turned "emptiness" into an idea.

So forget all thoughts, names, forms, stories about the past or future, and just log out. Even a moment of this is eternity, because you've logged out of time. But don't sleep. Log out of sleep. Log out of dreams. You are pure awareness with no Of. You are the uncreated womb of Silence. And when you log back in, rebooting consciousness itself, you discover that logging out had a wonderful side effect. It polished the hologram of the cosmos, and spit-shined every star. Logging out refreshes the universe.



 
 
Image: HD wallpaper

No comments: