Opening the Heart to Catastrophe

 

 Do not resist negativity. (Matthew 5:39) 

"Can my heart remain open in the midst of disaster? Or will it close in fear to protect my illusion of a separate self? I must choose this day whether to use my heart to project fear or blessing.

"I will not armor my heart against feelings of helplessness, nor ascribe blame, nor try to explain the unfathomable mystery of human suffering, for I am the world.

"When I don't resist what overwhelms me, I don't feel overwhelmed. In vulnerability, there is secret strength. Stillness abides in the midst of chaos.

"Now I offer a prayer for the people of Japan, and for people who suffer everywhere.

"I breathe in the world, without resistance, embracing all its fear and uncertainty.

"My awareness descends from the head to the heart. Because I welcome this breath, my breath becomes the Breath of Buddha. Because my heart does not resist, this heart becomes the heart of Christ.

"My heart is wider than any darkness it contains. My pure breath dissolves into light.

"I breathe out compassion. I send healing to the people of Japan. I breathe peace into the world. Amen."


 Perfect love casts out fear. (1 John 4:18)

These sites for donating to Japanese disaster relief are recommended by the local Japanese Citizens Alliance of Olympia WA, where we have a sister city in Japan and a strong connection to Japanese culture.  ガンバッテ "Ganbatte!"  

 


No comments: