No Agenda


"Truth is the only thing you'll ever run into 
that has no agenda." ~Adyashanti
 
Your radiance outshines earthly form.
The worm loam, the white dahlia,
the moldering corpse, the newborn baby
all have your face.
Your radiance outshines the human mind.
No thought contains you.
Every desire has your face.
Marveling at your radiance,
the archangel and the cow
gaze with one eye.
Your compassion outshines every law.
No scripture contains you.
When you glance at me
there is no right or wrong.
If I cannot see you in the one I despise,
then the face of Jesus is a plastic flower.
No mirror contains the light of wonder.
Your body is silence, the explosion
of molten paradox.
I keep it gold and warm, near the heart,
so you don't congeal into opposites.
When you burst out of my center,
my center is everywhere.
The ones I feel sorry for are those
who still think this world of pain and beauty
has any meaning, any purpose...
They haven't tasted one spoonful of your dust.
They haven't tasted your salt in their tears.
They are still sober.



Painting by Heather Theurer

No comments: