Have You Hugged Your Ego Today?

 

I love my ego. In fact, I love all 8 billion of my egos. They are like bubbles of sea foam. A person who tries to flat-line and abolish the ego can be very humorless and dull. Have you hugged your ego today? The ego is no bondage at all, because it only lasts for an instant, responding playfully to this momentary alignment of particles and forms, then vanishing back into the ocean of consciousness. Aphrodite was born from sea-foam. So love is born from the play of consciousness in myriad selves. I need my ego to dance, my little bubble of "I" to fatten and shine the light of "Am." But its not necessary to string these bubbles together on some non-existent thread. The thread is the problem, not the froth. Let 8 billion sparkles of You dance, sing and meditate. Let your ego effervesce and dissolve again and again in laughter, in tears. You really do need an ego if you want to laugh or cry. Then let it die.



Birth of Venus by Georges Antoine Rochegrosse

1 comment:

Mystic Meandering said...

LOLOLOL - Love this! Thank you for this perspective!