On The Mystery Of Jesus

Jesus, you are the Mystery my frail mind cannot explain. Yet through your Mystery, many mysteries are solved. 

 

You have said, "If your eye be single, your whole body will be filled with light (Mat 6:22)." I meet you in the center of my soul, and I see through your single Eye. It is the lens of my heart.  And your Eye in my heart irradiates whatever it sees with the light of a new creation.  

 

You anoint me with a sobering vision, yet a vision that heals, and leads to wholeness. I see why our wounds so willfully reject the very kindness that would heal them. How we are driven by an unacknowledged grief. The grief of pride. The pride that cannot confess its yearning for you. 

 

I see that I cannot heal myself when "I" am the dis-ease. Your humility is more vast than my intellect. I see that I cannot "believe" because you are deeper inside me than my will. Thought I cannot believe in you, I can experience Friendship beyond words. A taste of salt and sweetness that wells up from my heart. sing the silence of your overwhelming nearnessLove is the prayer. 
 

Naked of any creed, I invite you to enter the wound in my chest, that I may rest this breath in your companionship, and hear your two-syllable name in my heart heart. "Jesus, Jesus." And the song of my wound? "Stay open, stay open." Then I discover you have always been there. I was not waiting for you. You were waiting for me, in the deepest silence of who I Am.

 

To my brothers and sisters I can only say, you don't need to call his name, though it is a most beautiful name. For he already listens, and already rests inside you. Just let your Being turn to gaze upon its own Christal seed. 

If you
 do hear his name, don't be afraid. Observe your mind's reaction. 
Let go of any voice that grinds indignant, resentful, or bitter. Follow something softer, the warmth that expands in your core, and melts into tears of longing. 

Painting: Rembrandt

Comments

Linda said…
This is beautiful. Such a departure from my recent experience with non-duality as I have understood it. I had a prayer and did a search for "non-duality with heart"and then I found this. i have been earnestly reading and "resting as awareness". Resting in the heart FEELS much more significant to me. I try and let go of Christianity and Jesus as they "don't exist", but I see that is not necessary. I wish we could talk or write, but can't find any way to contact you yet. Thank you so much for your beautiful writings. I have ordered a couple of your books and am listening to your
YouTube channel. Much love.
AKL said…
Thank you for your sensitive words. Yes, there is no conflict. In her autobiography, St. Theresa of Avila writes that some spiritual advisors tell us not to have any personal image of God, but to go straight to the impersonal. She says that this advice ruined her spiritual growth for a long time, and it was totally wrong. We go through the personal to the infinite, through the grace of the Friend to the One, through the compassionate face of the Son to the Father, through the breath of the Goddess to the stillness of the Uncreated.

My email address should be available at 'Visit my Profile.'